It is always a satisfaction to know that a film that has been worked on and brought to life is a real success. Its news is quite rich, because between festival selections, price, remake Benedikt Erlingsson's Woman at War has a surprising life.
- Official Selection of the 2018 International Critics' Week
- SACD Prize at the International Critics' Week at Cannes 2018
- Rail of Gold (Public Prize at the International Critics' Week)
- Valbonne spectators' prize
- Favorite Cinécole Price Lux 2018
- Audience Award at Zagreb Film Festival 2018
- Audience Award at the Seville European Film Festival 2018
- Best film at the 2018 Hamburg Film Festival
- Special Mention at the 2018 Haifa International Film Festival
- Best Actress for Halldora Geirharosdottir at the Valladolid International Film Festival 2018
- Best Actress for Halldora Geirharosdottir at the 2018 Montreal New Cinema Festival
- Nordic Council Film Prize 2018
- up to a selection by the local Oscar committee to represent Iceland in the best foreign film category at the Oscars 2019.
Woman at War is a very original film ... besides the Icelandic natural scenery, this film is like a thriller without violence, without firearms and without sex scenes as fun to raise the film's author & director. Besides the captivating story, it's a pretty humanistic film with a strong message around the place of ecology in the face of economic and political interests. A true poetic dimension is also included with the presence of musicians in the sets that support the thought, the combativeness & the emotions of the main character - and a few hints of humor ... this is where the sound servant that I am entered in action, because the majority of the musical elements of the film were recorded during the shooting on the set in natural scenery, then for some re-recorded in the conditions of the filming in order to preserve the freshness of the emotions expressed then, as well as the outdoor acoustics so special in Iceland. It's a mix of all that is the film's soundtrack.
The recordings of his music on the set were made with light means, mixing classic equipment of shooting such as Field Micro 5., but also closed microphones, and sometimes a portable Pro Tools HD allowing to multiply the available recording tracks, to edit and prepare guides before shooting. 60Kg of material no more not less.
In any case the film is a real success, to the point that has just been announced a future Remake by Jodie Foster! She will co-produce and perform the lead role.
Long live this very beautiful author film.